As independent dealers face an increasingly competitive market, it’s important to find ways to set yourself apart from the competition when it comes to targeting consumers. While some things may be out of your control, like wholesale prices or inventory availability, making customer-centric changes at your dealership can help create a higher level of customer satisfaction and in return, more vehicles sold. Here are some ways white glove services can help you take command of your local market:
- Create an Easy Sales Process – Whether it’s offering electronic approval or adding online penciling to your website, customers in the market for a used vehicle are naturally going to be drawn to dealerships that make the purchasing process the easiest.
- Virtual Car Shopping – One of the top pain points for car shoppers is the time it takes to travel from dealership-to-dealership to look at vehicles. You can eliminate this inconvenience by scheduling virtual walkarounds using apps like Zoom, so that interested buyers can see selected vehicles in real-time without having to leave their home or office.
- Local Home Delivery – Convenience is the name of the game when customers are asked what improvements could be made to the car buying process. That’s why more dealers are offering home delivery to customers within a certain radius of their dealership. This service gives the customer a VIP experience while also saving them a trip to the dealership.
- Extended Test Drives – Having additional time to test drive a vehicle is something car shoppers are looking for. In fact, being able to test out a vehicle for 24 hours is going to give them more assurance that they’re making the right purchase than a quick drive around the block. By allowing consumers to take a vehicle home with them and see how it looks in their driveway, you’re establishing a level trust which will help to strengthen your relationship.
- Hassle-Free Maintenance – Having a maintenance shop at your dealership is a good way to create an extra stream of income, but you could enhance it by including vehicle pickup and delivery to your location. Consumers have said they would be willing to pay up to an additional $20 for service pick-up and delivery. Getting oil changes or needed repair work can be a headache for consumers who don’t have a lot of extra time on hand, and many are willing to pay for the convenience this service provides.
As more purchasing decisions are being made online, consumers are going to want to see that same convenience and speed incorporated into the vehicle purchasing process. Not only will these services set you apart from other independent dealers, but they could be a way for you to bring additional cash flow into your dealership. Remember that your customer’s have numerous choices when it comes to finding a vehicle and are going to be drawn to dealerships who provide the types of services that are going to make their life a little easier.